My first week with a leopard gecko

Short overview
Day 1 (Sunday):
We got home.
Arlow stayed in his hide on the cool side.
He started exploring his enclosure in the evening.
He ate one mealworm.

Day 2 (Monday):
He stayed in his humid hide all day.
He started exploring again in the evening.
He didn’t eat anything.

Day 3 (Tuesday):
Tuesday morning was a bit of a rollercoaster.
Arlow crawled behind the background of his terrarium and I thought he was stuck there.
After a few dreadful minutes he crawled back out and I felt so relieved.
He crawled behind the background a few more times and then he found a comfy hiding spot in the back of his terrarium and stayed there.
Again, he didn’t eat anything.

Day 4 (Wednesday):
He stayed in the warm comfy spot he found the day before.
Didn’t eat anything once again.

Day 5 (Thursday):
He didn’t move from his warm hiding spot and wouldn’t eat anything.

Day 6 (Friday):
Again, he stayed on the warm side in his favorite  spot and didn’t eat.

Day 7 (Saturday):
I tried laying my hand in de tank in front of him. He looked at it but didn’t approach it. He stayed in his warm hiding spot the whole day.

What happened this week?
His behavior was pretty much what I expected, except for him not moving much after the first 2 nights. But I think he just feels save in his warm corner.
He doesn’t sleep in his hides, he just sleeps out in the open. I love watching him sleep, he’s so precious.
I hope he starts eating soon so I can relax a bit.

Here are some pictures from this past week.
Processed with MOLDIV

Processed with MOLDIV

Processed with MOLDIV



It is amazing having Arlow, I just hope I’m doing everything right!
If anyone has any criticism or suggestions, please let me know.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s